Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Do-Re-Mi

I was greeted by a heavy downpour in sound of music, Salzburg. The weather really sucks big time. I was all drenched again while walking to the Yoho hostel. God help me.

I was really really uberly tired. But the hostel checkin time is only at 11am. I've booked a sound of music tour which will begin at 9.30am. So I dumped my bags in the locker and went off for tour!

Met 2 other singaporeans in the tour. The first 2 Singaporeans I met. The tour group was a small one by Panorama tours. Only 8 of us, and 6 of them seem like honeymooners. Hmmmmz...
The tour was great! The tourguide was very engaging, singing along with the sound of music soundtrack, imagining Julia Andrews running twirling around the countless meadows in Salzburg's lake district. Stories after stories about the filming of the movie, it was an interesting one indeed. I'll tell u what to look out for in the movie next time hehezHad Austria's traditional apple strudel in the small town of Mondsee, Salzkammagut. Where they filmed the wedding scene in the sound of music. The apfelstrussel doesn't taste as good as I tot it shld be. A little sweeter and crispier will be good. :)It poured the whole day, wanted to visit the fortress in Salzburg but it was raining. I didn't snap lots of photos too in case my camera gets wet. I spent the rest of my day in H&M instead. My last resort, I bought an umbrella from h&m and guess what, it stopped raining awhile later.

The mountain appeared magnificantly after the rain. Beautiful. I stood there in the main street, with many other tourists, staring at the snowcapped mountain with awe.With happy butterflies in your tummy (:

No comments: